Considering cutting off my muffler.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Build it out of the truck, then out it in.. That way you experience it while welding on just the pipe not on the truck, then you can get it out on.

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Thinking of doing the same thing. I like loud and my muffler isn't in great shape, and my budget is extremely low. Don't think it will sound great, but better than the 55 gallon drum under the box currently sounds.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
Speaking of, I have a full exhaust from flanges back sitting in my garage. Hehehe. A flow master super 40 with 2 90 degree 3 1/2" tips

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
you can get stainless steel tail pipes from summit for 50 bucks a side and you can then have a y pipe made for 50 bucks all youll need is tips

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mine used to be just the cat and dumped with a tip. i loved how it sounded but it was awful inside lol. ive got cb extreme now and dual pipes side by side out to the bumper its a lot better inside but still nice nd loud and has an agressive sound. i need to replace my cat so im going to cut it off and get it welded on and do 3inch to the cb extreme and duals out the passenger side to be different

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Well I finally did it!!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

I gotta say I am totally impressed with the sound!! Its got a good deep rumble, and at 70mph on the interstate with the windows up, no ac, and no radio, there's virtually no drone!! I almost chickened out because I was afraid it would just sound like a huge donut gasket leak, but I'm digging the sound!!

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Need a video! Now I'm sitting here with my reciprocating saw in hand, thinking evil thoughts....lol
Glad it worked out for you, you've got more guts than I do