Colorado2500's 1989 C2500 ECLB Build (The Little Big Truck)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Nice I used the same brands on my truck. Energy suspension is the ONLY way to go on lifted trucks and they just kick ass in general. Moog has been alright for me other than one upper ball joint snapped when I hot a small pot hole.

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice I used the same brands on my truck. Energy suspension is the ONLY way to go on lifted trucks and they just kick ass in general. Moog has been alright for me other than one upper ball joint snapped when I hot a small pot hole.
Well I hope that won't happen!
I like the Energy parts a lot too, it's quality and handling is much better. Definitely the way to go when replacing stuff.

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it's been a while since an update, but the truck has been fine besides being the absolute worst winter vehicle.

And then this happened:
You must be registered for see images

Slid down this snowy trail sideways while out sledding with my roommates, completely high-centered it. It was out there for 2 days, we tried digging it out, pulling it with 3 different trucks, but the only that had chains was a 2wd 'burb, so it barely budged.

Step-dad's '83 K30 Dually to the rescue. Took ten minutes with it completely chained up in 4lo.

This whole thing has made me realize what I actually want to do, and how my truck is totally wrong for what I need.

So, this spring or summer she'll probably be up for sale and I'll be looking for something smaller and more capable. Anyone want a clean C2500 in CO?

Last edited:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
That's a bummer that you'll have to get something else; but it's also the reason I won't look at a 2WD unless it's a really clean, low mile C2500 or C3500;
What are you going to replace it with? Any idea yet?

Colorado2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's a bummer that you'll have to get something else; but it's also the reason I won't look at a 2WD unless it's a really clean, low mile C2500 or C3500;
What are you going to replace it with? Any idea yet?
Yeah it's a good truck, but not for what I need. I'm not sure yet what I'll get, a lot depends on how much I get for my truck. I'm thinking about a smaller SUV of some kind with good stock capabilities, aftermarket support, and preferably a manual trans. Ideally a K5 Blazer or a Jeep wrangler but those may be out of my price range.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I think those are bigger. Junkyard, eBay or LMC (or the like) are your best bets