Coilovers shocks yay or nay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got some coil overs for free from a S10.I don't notice anything different to be honest. I thought it would stiff up the rear end a bit to help with body roll but they do all right.
You must be registered for see images attach

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Helper" springs like that aren't all that stiff.

Those have variable-rate design, so almost no difference at all on small bumps or light loads.

Are S10 shocks compatible with GMT400 suspension for free-length, and compressed length? Valving?

Moleman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah it works. I guess any 1994-2004 jellybean blazer will work same mounting spots. I **** you not i noticed no difference in ride quality.it literally rides the exact same. If anything it raised the rear half an inch.

I'm just looking to reduce the body roll a bit and lower the rear to get rid of that rake.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How about a set of helper bags?

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Oh no,no,no I ain't trying to do a lowrider I just want it level.
Helper bags arent for lowering. They are for payload or to stiffen the suspension.
I have them on all my trucks. When i seperated the bags air supply from left to right, i noticed less body roll. When the bags are connected together one side can take some load and push the air to the opposite side.