Coil-overs: QA1 vs ALDAN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are y’all running these with drop control arms? Really would like to put a set on the front of the burb which currently has 3in drop arms with 2in drop springs. If I could keep the control arms and run the coil overs also that would be cool.

04SVT

Reaction score
Do you have the thrust bearings installed?
Yes, I do. But the rings would hardly move. If I ever try to adjust them again I think I'll have to pop the lower Control arm loose and give the springs some room to expand.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are y’all running these with drop control arms? Really would like to put a set on the front of the burb which currently has 3in drop arms with 2in drop springs. If I could keep the control arms and run the coil overs also that would be cool.
I used the stock control arms... no issues at all! You don't need drop arms because the coil overs give more than enough adjustment. I had my **** on the ground - had to adjust it to get the front end up enough to clear the tires. LOL

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes, I do. But the rings would hardly move. If I ever try to adjust them again I think I'll have to pop the lower Control arm loose and give the springs some room to expand.
That doesnt seem right... Mine spun fine with the front wheels off the ground.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put a set of Aldans on my 93 C1500. They went on easily, and work well, but adjustability is tough. I don't know if it's the pressure from the spring or what, but I was barely able to move the ring at all after installation. I guess you'd have to pop the lower control loose, thereby giving some relief to the spring, to adjust them properly and without struggle. Other than adjustability, they seem to be of really good quality.
I have the same problems with my qa1 coilovers, I lift the truck up to adjust them and it was easy to spin up until they had some preload at full droop. After that point I can’t turn them much farther, I wouldn’t need to adjust them up that far but I went with 650 lb/in springs and it’s a bit to soft, wish I went with 700 or 750 lb springs.