CodyB's '96 Silverado Chat Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
They're coming from Boss' factory, but I'm dealing with a seller in Illinois from eBay.

Chrome all the way.

I'm getting those, a chrome smoothie, chrome chevy grille, and some billet inserts for the GMC and Chevy grilles, then some clear diamond cut lights. Basically the front end should be shiny when I get done. Might wind up with some new black handles to replace the cheap ebay specials, but at $25 a piece, I may get some duplicolor "universal black" to coat them in first. The universal black has a hint of metallic flake in it, but very subtle.

Then down the road, a nice little bag job awaits as its next big project. That or an LS swap, preferably a 6.0 or 5.3 with some kind of forced induction. I think a turbo would be interesting to do. They have come up with a way to run it without an intercooler, you just have to put the turbo in the location of the muffler, then the pipe acts as the heatsink.

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
That sounds cool. I have been toying with the idea of putting a 5.3 in mine but the cost of doing it keeps be from being set on it considering all I really need is a 350 short block.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
http://car-part.com
Thats the place to check, since most reputable scrap yards put their inventory on it, and you can find full engine, trans and wiring in one shot for around $1000-2000 depending on what engine and mileage combos they have.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Recap of the night, storm came out of nowhere, dropped hail on the truck, threw out a tornado south of town, and I bought this stuff...

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
If those park lamp housings come in with that orange reflector I'll probably get a set from eBay, LMC, or work...

I should probably get a set of billet inserts for that grille while I'm at it, then a 4/6 kit after that.

noremac

OHHH SNNNAAAPPP
Reaction score
Truck looks sweet! Makes me really miss my truck.... On the high note on my end... Going to sign a lease on an srt8 dodge magnum sometime in the next few months... A wagon with 425 hp stock is very attractive to me...

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Thanks, and Jeez...

So, I just got my tracking number today... Grille, headlights, and bowtie will be in Monday!!! WIN!

So do you guys have four cylinder Rangers at Oreilly's? We have I think 2 2007 4 cyl Colorados (they're already trashed up) and a 2009 4 cyl Colo.
Somehow I wind up with the '09 a lot and its actually pretty fun for only four squirrels under the hood...

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, and Jeez...

So, I just got my tracking number today... Grille, headlights, and bowtie will be in Monday!!! WIN!

So do you guys have four cylinder Rangers at Oreilly's? We have I think 2 2007 4 cyl Colorados (they're already trashed up) and a 2009 4 cyl Colo.
Somehow I wind up with the '09 a lot and its actually pretty fun for only four squirrels under the hood...
That's fast shipping on your part's, don't those Colorado's have a big 4 cylinder like 2.8 or 2.9 liter?