code 44 help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
truck idles fine. when I hit the gas it likes to die down but if I let up on it a little bit it seems like it catches and goes fine then dies down like it wants to shut off again.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So what's your question????? Code 44 is a lean O2 reading. I would replace the sensor.. is that the only code popping up?

sent from what use to be a great country..

woody31

Banned
Reaction score
sounds more like a fuel delivery issue,,,but in order for us to help you,,,we need more information,,,

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
How about you put a gauge on it before you start throwing parts (IE: money) at it......

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Lean O2 can be lots of things.

Injectors, filter, fuel pressure, old MAP sensor, TPS out of adjustments/range, etc.

Your "stumble" and recovery with throttle lift makes fuel pressure a good place to start. could be pump or regulator. Could be a really bad fuel filter. Good thing is; it's fairly cheap to check....cost of a gauge that you can use again in the future. Or borrow one. Whatever works.