Code 36 Returns-IAC and Vacuum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBslider001

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just an update, got the part Saturday. It was late due to the winter storm we had. I installed yesterday, along with a new correct battery from O'Reillys. The one in the truck had 600 CCAs and was obviously too small. The new one has 850 CCAs. I never understand why people cheap out on batteries.

The two big differences....idle quality and peppiness. Not sure why it would feel stronger on acceleration? Even my wife noticed a difference. Not a huge one, just a cleaner operation through the powerband. Also, idle in Park is 900 and in Drive is about 750ish. It came down about 150 for each scenario. No more code for now either. I would say I licked the issue.

So, all new vacuum lines, new GM IAC, and new Standard Parts Idle Speed Actuator. Now on to other issues, like front pad replacement. Thanks for your help guys and sticking with me on this one. It was a head scratcher. I learned that code terminology is not always correct and some digging needs to be done.

bretcopsey

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Vacuum hoses needed to be reversed on the replacement part and I ended up needing to use all new lines and tossing the pre-bent lines so I didn't have to modify the bracket or harness. It is located to passenger side of thermostat housing. I'll try to grab a photo of it tomorrow.
Wondering if you could clarify on needing to reverse the vacuum lines - yours were reversed and had to route back to stock? Or for some reason you had to change away from stock routing?

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
Wondering if you could clarify on needing to reverse the vacuum lines - yours were reversed and had to route back to stock? Or for some reason you had to change away from stock routing?
Ports were opposite on new solenoid as compared to the original for some reason.