Clutch issues, I'm stumped.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
my uncle used a pre-bled slave on my 1996 F150, felt fine.

Just the slave or entire kit? I'm trying to picture how the fluid stays in and the air stays out during install. If you don't know, could you ask him? Tell him I'll give him +rep hahaha.

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've only seen full kits pre-bled. I don't know how you could consider a slave pre-bled when you have to open the system to install it.

I used a pre-bled kit on my T56 conversion in the Camaro and it worked great. I've had to bleed it since and it wasnt too bad to do it then.

If it were me, I'd just buy a whole pre-bled kit and be done with it.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, pilot bearing changed, but I'm worried about what was recommended earlier....now that i think about it, what is the "cone"?

I don't recall the kit brand, it was a napa kit and cost $89....think the pilot coulda been defective?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Just the slave or entire kit? I'm trying to picture how the fluid stays in and the air stays out during install. If you don't know, could you ask him? Tell him I'll give him +rep hahaha.

:lol: Well they did the whole clutch and everything, there was a little cap over the line, and he just popped that off and hooked up the line.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Alritey, thanks, I'll pull it apart when I tear down to replace master, lines and slave and see if I can check/replace it.