Clearing Guage Needles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm doing all my lights the same color at the same time: guages, HVAC, power doors, power windows, led strips under my dash lighting up with my dash lights. I have all my dome lights white because It makes it easier to find crap in my back seat lol.

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
My complete interior is done in blue led I'll snap some pics tomorrow if I remember.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
here are some clear pics from an on going project in the ManLab.
clear needle blue LED.
You must be registered for see images attach

clear needle orange LED camera hate orange I guess this is a lot more colorful in person.

this is a needle with whit paint on the bottom and sides with black paint over the white. stops the blue from shining on the gauges

my first cluster I finished blue LEDs inside and orange behind every needle. 2 LEDs behind the tach needle and the speedo.

ooops that was the pic with the hot spot here this is after I adjusted the hot spots

I also found a way to fix the bleed onto the odometer just don't have pics of that.
black paint is your friend when you are using this much light on clear plastic!!!!!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol sorry I wasnt very clear on that, I have the exterior done up the way I want it and was meaning an interior light color?

Oh, well then I'd pick what head unit you want an match to it's color or one of it's colors if it's adjustable.

2000CCSB

CrewCab Stalker
Reaction score
thats what I did. well kinda I like blue and green so it worked out. but thats a good recommendation.

John Deere 4240

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
These are cool white LED but they have a blueish tint, But I think I'm gona switch to another color if I get a head unit.

I took out my DRL light bulb and put it into the shift up light, and was hoping that it would make the light work in my automatic trans but that idea didnt work.

Last edited: