Chris AU's '92 ECSB K1500 Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Got the truck back today, shifts great, nice and firm and quick!

Tomorrow I'm going to put in new AC Delco Platinum Plugs, a new AC Delco 195* thermostat, a transmission cooler, new AC Delco oil pressure sending unit, and may do the big 3! Oh and I'm going to beat the drivers side front fender lip in a bit, it seems to be bent out some and it rubs in reverse.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Oh also going to put the stock air cleaner back in, and tighten the mounting bolts for the winch.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Thanks! I've had it for 10 months now. In that time, it has spent 11 weeks either getting the transmission rebuilt or motor problems diagnosed that are above my paygrade. I hope I get to keep it for a while now!

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
1) Transmission Cooler - Done
2) Plugs - Done
3) Thermostat - Done, with a minor environmental disaster. Clamped upper hose before I took it off but didn't think to clamp the lower, should have because the truck was parked on a hill with the nose up. When I popped off the thermostat housing it was like a gusher. Couldn't do anything about it.
4) Winch Bolts - Tightened.
5) Fender- Beat in a little. Needs a little more.
6) Winch hook - changed to shackle and hooked to d-ring on bumper.
7) Oil Pressure Sender - too fvcking hot today to do.
8) Big 3 - see #7.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Got a pic of what the front looks like now with the winch cover and shackle hooked to d-ring:

You must be registered for see images attach

Also made up my wires for the Big 3 this morning:

You must be registered for see images attach

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Looks good!! You'll have a million dollar truck before long! I did the big 3 on mine! It helped alot. I think I'm going to get anoth short ground wire and go from the frame ground to the engine ground. I know it's not necessary but it's bothering me and I want to do it!