"Chevy lean" on stock suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AndrewGS

Reaction score
I've got a '99 Suburban C1500 that has a bit of lean to it. I've known about the "Chevy lean" on trucks with drops, but is it common on stock trucks?

Here are the fender well-to-ground measurements:

LF: 32" RF:31.5"
LR: 32.5" RR: 32.5"

As you can see it's not bad, only a half an inch up front, and the truck is 13 years old, so maybe it's common as the coils wear. Just thought I'd ask as it's noticeable and annoying.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Yes it is common on stock suspension. And "Chevy Lean" actually refers to GM trucks leaning to the left (drivers) side of the vehicle. This is due to the gas tank being the on left side of the truck.

The back being higher than the front is just rake and 90% of trucks have rake from the factory. This is due to the fact that they're ment to haul/tow so once there is a load on it the springs settle down lever and you're not bull ******* really bad.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What about the 2drs, they have the tank in the rear. Why the lean on these?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
Since the SUV's have the tank in the rear they don't really have any "Chevy Lean" per say.