Cheapest way to do a 2"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
please do NOT crank to level with a 2" block, I did with 285s and Im going to decrank and put my 31s back on, it will ride like a brick and have almost 0 droop travel.
Just to clear it up, the tire is accually almost 0* of camber, stock keys with crank left
I ran into the same situation with my 92 RCSB when trying to crank level with 2" blocks in the rear. Ride sucked and ate front end parts for breakfast lunch and supper!
You must be registered for see images attach

- So what would you recommend I do?

Like said each truck is different, I had no luck with cranking level to get 2" lift. Thats why I went with the 2" body lift on my 98. Keep the crank at a minimal and things wont be so bad, just know that the ride suffers and hard on front end components.

Studio54

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cranking makes your truck ride like a tank. Its terrible.

Studio54

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not exactly. If you MAX out your keys, it'll ride like a tank. Just cranking them wont make it ride like a tank.

everyone around here acts like its acceptable to ride on a stiff suspension. Is that a "truck" to all of you? I like to ride in comfort if/when i drive my truck since its not my daily. I would hate life accepting crank as a good ride.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
everyone around here acts like its acceptable to ride on a stiff suspension. Is that a "truck" to all of you? I like to ride in comfort if/when i drive my truck since its not my daily. I would hate life accepting crank as a good ride.

Right here, win, comfort & ride over a little lift.. if anything id lift and decrank for a better ride..

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
- So what would you recommend I do?

I would crank it level with out a block and get a body lift, remember that these trucks have a 2" rake from the factory so my truck is cranked about 4-4.5" total. cheapest and most reliable are rarely the same thing.

Wagonbacker9

One string banjo. Maybe 2
Reaction score
I cranked until the tires (286/75/16) cleared.. I could really give a crap if my truck sits "flat" unloaded. I have enough droop left that I get a decent ride and put a 2.5" block out back with nice new shocks.

If you've ever ridden in a truck cranked to the droop stops you'd change your tune quickly. My 4 mile 35mph commute was brutal with it maxed out. Dropped it down about 1.5" and its still stiffer, but very livable.

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
my ride hardly changed when leveled with a 1.5" block, thats about 2.5" crank, I am planning on getting a 6" lift though and running it at 4" on the front.