Cheap Programmer???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thinking about buying a decent programmer but don't know anything about them.What all parameters can I change with it? Can I add an HP with one? Can I turn the Speed limiter off? And whats the best Brand to buy? How much will one set me back?

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
A Hypertech Max Energy has several stages of horsepower, mileage, towing. You can change shift points, etc... About $300 though.

gmoutdoorsman

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's not too bad at all! Just tryin to think of ideas to squeeze some HP out of my Lil 4.3 Vortec.(I know basically pointless lol)

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
If you're going to drop $300 on a handheld programmer get a tune. I had a Hypertech programmer before and it was a lot better than stock but after getting the tune it's a whole new world

Jesse82nc

The Burb
Reaction score
If you're going to drop $300 on a handheld programmer get a tune. I had a Hypertech programmer before and it was a lot better than stock but after getting the tune it's a whole new world

x2 with a tune. For $300 you can get a custom tune, and the place that did mine offers free retunes at any time when I make additional changes. There's plenty of places, a few that specialize in it. Check out people's sig's, some mention the place.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
a big WORD on gettin a tune son... My 6.0 rips with the tune on it. I wouldn't really expect the 4.3 to get much better though

jmc256

Reaction score
I second black bear performance, well worth the money. I have had mine for about a year and a half, and I would never have a Tahoe without the tune.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk