Changed intake gaskets now doggy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently changed the intake gaskets on my 94 silverado and now it is doggy like when I press the gas it is slow to accelerate and mildly hesitant.
I was wondering about the timing but I read it is electronically controlled. My older 88 had the brown wire I disconnected and set the timing but this one I dont have one. Also I have no codes being thrown.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have one. It's right by the blower motor in the cab

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
It does sound like the timing is off. And the connector is behind the relay cover under the hood on my 94 GMC Sierra, but might be by the blower motor like 1997Chevydriver said.

danman6677

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK I had a timing light ready to go and remebered about the wire but I looked high and low and this truck DOES NOT have a brown wire. can you show me pics of where it is?
The wires under the relay on the passenger side cowl are all red/orange or pink. And the blower motor is all bundled up tight.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
pull the glove box out and check behind it. I vaguely recall my 94 had the wire behind the glove box. It was a while ago though

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's not behind it it below it. Mine was taped to the lower section of the heater box in my 94.. only single wire all by its self in the middle of no where where a wire needs to be with a plug.

sent from what use to be a great country..

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Could be either place on a '94 (and '95 too). Behind glove box, or below. I've seen several examples of both.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Richard