Change your spark plugs!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steve porch

Reaction score
Just bought a 99 Chevy Z71 and was experiencing hesitation under load and shaking violently. Checked the wires and plugs and they definitely needed to be replaced. A spark plug thread had broken off inside the engine head and the spark plug separated. Had to use an EZ out to get the threading out but what a pain in the ass. Also the elecrrodes on all the plugs I pulled we're burnt down into the plastic part of the plug I'm really surprised this truck even ran! he Peo you need to change your plugs or check them more frequently than 5 years lol

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Christ, those look like they could be the originals. I've never seen a plug so rusted or the socket part so worn looking. I use a smidge of anti sneeze at the ends of the threads & the seat though. Never had a problem.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Christ, those look like they could be the originals. I've never seen a plug so rusted or the socket part so worn looking. I use a smidge of anti sneeze at the ends of the threads & the seat though. Never had a problem.

Those aren't originals, they're Bosch Platinums.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had great luck using the AC Delco marine stainless plugs with a smear of anti-seize on them.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I have had great luck using the AC Delco marine stainless plugs with a smear of anti-seize on them.

I ran across some of those on ebay once... I had no idea stainless plugs existed until then. They said not for use in Vortec truck engines for some reason. I didn't investigate further since hey were expensive, and I had no reason to need them.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran across some of those on ebay once... I had no idea stainless plugs existed until then. They said not for use in Vortec truck engines for some reason. I didn't investigate further since hey were expensive, and I had no reason to need them.

Weird.. That is the specified plug for the GMPP 330 HP 350 HO, the SPO 357 HP 350 and the Ramjet engines.

Chuck_13

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch!Changing plugs is on my to do list(along with wires,cap,rotor,temp sending unit oil change etc..).Sure hope it turns out better than the OP's experience.