CCLB dually #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
It was. The Raptor is an amazing vehicle. We've jumped it and I swear my truck rides worse over a bumpy road! Thing is just insane, and it's all shocks.

Took another whack at the flipper today and started by pressure washing most of the crap I bought at the junkyard and the fuel tank. I then proceeded to install some of the stuff. When I removed the radiator hose scraps, I noticed the in and outlets looked a bit rusty so I ended up jamming a garden hose in the thing and rinsing as much as would come out. Also found a repair on one of the tubes that I never noticed before. Hopefully this thing isn't junk, I figure I'll dump some CLR in it and then purge the hell out of it before adding antifreeze. Lord only knows how clean the block and heater core are in this conglomeration. Next I turned my attention toward an easy kill: fluid swap the brake reservoir. Surprise.

You must be registered for see images attach

Not sure what to make of this as the brakes did work and felt normal for unassisted. Good thing I have close to 2 quarts of DOT4, looks like a full flush is likely in order. Hope there aren't any leaks, nothing has caught my attention yet.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of those pistons are leaking into the drum. Mine did @175k original miles on rear brakes! I think the manual and living in flat Texas helped

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ugh, that makes sense. Explains why rear channel was dry and front was low. Probably means that that mess is gonna make the brakes act super weird at speed? Even hosing it all down with Brakleen won't immediately fix that issue.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That's funny as that's what they started calling me at work. The bigger hammer as that is my favored tool! And that I am considerably larger than my coworkers

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Got the tank dropped, swapped fuel pump harnesses (a surprising asspain to route and debullshittify), and added the evap hard line.

Looks like there were 2 7 pins installed at some point, then the bumper one was removed. There is a much cleaner way to go about this.

Luckily the fuel line clips had the extra hole to snap it right in. Everything plugged right in despite having a different wire count.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score

Got the replacement tank installed and harness secured similar to stock.

Also cleaned the brake reservoir out.

And refilled to find the leak. Found it: was the reservoir seal for the rear channel on the master. Waste of fluid but I expected that. Yanked wheels to rotate but the rears were muddy and need to be blasted to ensure balance.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I hotsy'd the wheels and rotated them. Some had grease covering the inside as well. Now I need some help with wiring. I have no idea what this 4 pin goes to. Looks like an O2 plug.

I also need pinouts for the interior to merge the diesel and gas harnesses if possible. The **** that goes through the passenger firewall behind the glovebox. If anyone has this or knows where to find it I'd greatly appreciate it. Starting to get down to the nitty gritty here so firing the motor again is creeping up on the to do list.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the 4 wire connector you are looking for is C130. This was taken from the 2000 model year service manual. Double check to see if the colors match up.

Working on getting the rest of the pinouts for you. I should have them up tonight. I’ve got some work in the driveway to go do!

Last edited: