CCLB dually #2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking VATS, but wasn’t able to reply in time.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is that for the black box pcm, or the older models with a separate VATS module?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So apparently there were 15 different resistance values used in the GM keys, but none of my truck keys appear to have a resistor in them? Does anyone have a schematic for the VATS system? I'll go check my pinouts, but it sounds like GM had the key report to the BCM for this? I wasn't even aware these trucks had BCMs.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ll check the service manuals tomorrow, but I believe only the Escalade/Denali had a BCM. These keys don’t have the chip like the older style GMs.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Slowly but surely my google fu has prevailed.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/how-to-bypass-the-security.39407/

Post 4. Now to find an 2200 ohm resistor.

I have to wonder, since the truck started life as a diesel, did it have Passlock? The diesel used an old style computer behind the glove box, not the one that lives under the hood expecting a handshake from a VATS module that lives under the dash.

Last edited:

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Slowly but surely my google fu has prevailed.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/how-to-bypass-the-security.39407/

Post 4. Now to find an 2200 ohm resistor.

I have to wonder, since the truck started life as a diesel, did it have Passlock? The diesel used an old style computer behind the glove box, not the one that lives under the hood expecting a handshake from a VATS module that lives under the dash.
98+ including diesels had it. No chip in the key. It is looking for rotation of the lock cylinder. I've bypassed it before using the 3 wires on the lock cylinder and a resistor then perform a relearn.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Good to know, I want to squash this on my first try. I still can't believe how instantaneously the thing fired yesterday. That motor hadn't run since April 2018 and even then the truck it came from had sat for a long damn time.