cat size?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

So broke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have 2.5 exit for my headers and a Flowmaster 530552 which is 3 inch in and 2) 2.5 out that are dumped in front of my rear wheels. so i'm trying to find out what cat size to buy. currently i have no cats and i have moved to a state where i have to have them. (virginia) so i am looking to buy a y pipe and cat to finish my exhaust. so any part numbers would be very helpful. thanks in advance.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How many do you need in your state? Just get some universal magnaflows from summit.

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Get whatever size of pipe it is going on. If you are only getting one, are you going to put it at the end of the Y pipe....if it is 3" there, get a 3" one....

So broke

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok what about this. should the cat and pipe be 2.5 from the headers to the muffler? or should it be 3 for the headers all the way back? i ask because the headers collectors are 2.5 but the muffler's inlet is 3. so i am trying to figure if the cat and pipe should go with the header collector size or the mufflers inlet size?