Cars and Bids acquired '92 Blazer!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wolfman5

Reaction score
Howdy y'all! I'm back in a GMT400 finally! My first truck back in 2010 was a '92 K1500 and I miss it a lot. While scrolling Cars and Bids one day, I seen something pop up that I always wanted and I took a shot at it. After some back and forth with other bidders, she came home with me! A 1992 Chevy Blazer with a factory 5 speed! 212k -ish miles, but almost everything is either new, remaned or rebuilt. The motor, transmission, transfer case, front end, rear end, and a boat load of other things were all done in the last few months before the auction. Sadly she did not arrive in "as advertised" condition and a lot of things were neglected to be mentioned in the ad, straight up lied about or done extremely poorly. So I'm tearing into it and redoing a lot of it. Finding out parts are harder to come by than I thought. This forum has already helped me and I'm sure it will continue to do so. haha Anyways, happy to be here and thankful for everyone sharing their knowledge and experience!
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• photo_15_2023-12-02_02-38-04.jpg
    photo_15_2023-12-02_02-38-04.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 10

Wolfman5

Reaction score
- Things not covered in the ad (I knew it being older would have some issues, but this is not what I expected)
When the truck arrived to drop it off, the negative battery terminal was a random bolt that was way to long, so it didn't have a strong enough ground to even start it since you couldn't tighten it at all (fixed)
The AC didn't work and was missing a couple of its seals, so no refrigerant would stay in it (fixed)
Wires in the engine bay were electrical taped together and when ever you would shake them, the truck would die (fixed)
Wires under the truck were to close to the exhaust and melted (fixed)
Both door hinge rollers and springs were missing and broken so the doors fly open and smack the fenders (have the parts, but not fixed yet)
Both door panels have all their clips broken (ordered those)
She leaks water inside the passenger side foot well (still tracking that leak down)
She was about 21 degrees advanced on the timing, so it ran like **** (easy fix)
There's bolts broke off on the brand new transmission (I don't know how I'm going to fix those)
There's screws missing from the shifter boot and bolts missing from the shifter to the transmissions (hardware store fix)
Shifter seal missing and the inner boot to the shifter is completely deteriorated (Core Shifters shifter is on the way)
Both door armrest have like plexiglass and epoxy in them since the screws were broken (no clue where to get replacements)
High beams don't work, the rod doesn't get pushed by the stalk lever for some reason (tried to fix)
Wipers didn't work (fixed)
Radio blows a fuse every time use replace it and try to use it.
Wires wrapped about metal for a ground and just a spaghetti mess of wires under the dash.
Exhaust has broken and bent bolts (trying to find headers and a new exhaust system)

I'm sure there's things I'm forgetting at this point, but all that said, I do like it. Just annoying that so many things were lied about or "conveniently forgotten about." Safe to say I will be searching this forum high and low for information. haha

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, that wiring looks scary but it's just a matter of undoing what was done and you're back in business. Take one issue at a time and you will have back to the truck you were expecting. Overall it looks good so it's worth the effort.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
The truck looks very solid! It just sucks about the PO's wiring hacks.

In that last picture with the wrapped ground wire, you also have 2 pinch connectors that you should also get rid of. I'm sure you already know, solder and heat shrink everything that you can. I save the butt connectors only for interior hard-to-reach wires.

scott2093

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice!
May want to also make sure the seal around passenger side big rear glass isn't leaking and coming down behind the pillar trim and making it's way to front along with the front leak. Please let us know what you find out about the leak coming from the front firewall...
No cup holder for manuals...Interesting...

Last edited:

Wolfman5

Reaction score
The truck looks very solid! It just sucks about the PO's wiring hacks.

In that last picture with the wrapped ground wire, you also have 2 pinch connectors that you should also get rid of. I'm sure you already know, solder and heat shrink everything that you can. I save the butt connectors only for interior hard-to-reach wires.
You have no idea how many of those connectors I've removed and re-soldered already. There's also wires that have 2 butt connectors that have a 1 inch jumper wire between them for absolutely no reason. You can see a couple of them in the pictures.

Nice!
May want to also make sure the seal around passenger side big rear glass isn't leaking and coming down behind the pillar trim and making it's way to front along with the front leak. Please let us know what you find out about the leak coming from the front firewall...
No cup holder for manuals...Interesting...
I'll have to check there too. Still learning about common leak areas on this thing. I have center console cup holders and back cup holders on the side trim, below the rear windows. The center console pull out cup holder for the rear is missing.