Carpet and Headliner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Europaman

Reaction score
I am trying to find a vendor for the correct colors for the carpet and headliner. I am not changing the original kick panels, since they are in good shape and not the rear wall piece behind the seat either. The RPO codes say it is Garnet. I can only find red, some places dark red, maroon, and oxblood. The vendors I have looked at so far are LMC, Classic Industries, and Rock Auto. I can't tell by looking at the computer screen what is correct color to get the original to match everything else. I'm sure it's not plain red. I'd hate to have to dye new carpet and I'm not sure if every interior part should be exactly the same anyway. It's an 89 GMC and don't remember all that anyway. I guess my question is; is there any other vendors I should be looking at other than the ones mentioned above?
I am planning to buy Colorbond to re-color the faded dash and the plastic parts around the doors and window to the Garnet factory color. How many cans do I need to do the dash and all the plastic inside the cab?
Had anyone been there, done that?
Thanks in advance folks.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
This is the problem when it comes to headliner color choices.
Someone calls me up & they ask for red H/L fabric. OhhhKay. I see at least 6 variations.
Someone wants 'grey'? Yikes. Any choice I make for them from their description is a crap-shoot.
The ONLY way is to physically match the color from an actual sample of the original material.

You must be registered for see images

tvhj

Reaction score
Europaman, did you ever find a good headliner match? I'm having the same problem with my '92 Sport truck, stock interior color samples are kinda close but not right, same with Headliner Doctor, (who's samples aren't free), really wanted it to match my original, but about to give up.

BaySHO_510

Reaction score
I used this material for headliner on my 91 c1500 rcsb, gray interior.

Suede Headliner Fabric Upholstery 48 x 60 Inch Suede Fabric Automotive Suede Headliner with Foam Backing Material for Automotive Home DIY Repair Replacement (Gray)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Attachments

• 20210609_130948.jpg
    20210609_130948.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210609_133202.jpg
    20210609_133202.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210609_134534.jpg
    20210609_134534.jpg
    315.4 KB · Views: 28

TCBRacer77

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I used this material for headliner on my 91 c1500 rcsb, gray interior.

Suede Headliner Fabric Upholstery 48 x 60 Inch Suede Fabric Automotive Suede Headliner with Foam Backing Material for Automotive Home DIY Repair Replacement (Gray)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I like this, suede looks clean in these trucks, did you have to scrape off any of the old foam? I’ve seen some videos where guys use a wire brush and go to town lol