Cargo Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I have replaced my cargo light switch in my truck because i have no cargo lights. I pulled the bulbs today and replaced them with good ones and still nothing. The 3rd brake light bulbs come on and my interior lights work as well. How can I test the assembly that holds the 3rd brake lights and cargo lights? Can this go bad and brake lights work but no cargo lights?

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
Mine did the same thing. I found the wire that ran under the carpet, along the sill plate was broken. Also, is your 3rd brake light and cargo lights an aftermarket LED? I had to swap the wires at the plug for them to work properly.

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Mine is all factory, I'll have to check those wires when I get the carpet back for rockers in a month or so. I didn't know if I could check power on the blue wire or something with the switch on to see if power is getting there but the housing itself is bad?

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
You are aware that the cargo lights only come on when the interior lights are on, correct?

Mine is all factory, I'll have to check those wires when I get the carpet back for rockers in a month or so. I didn't know if I could check power on the blue wire or something with the switch on to see if power is getting there but the housing itself is bad?

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Yeah, but with interior lights on i still have to flip the switch, correct? Mine never come on no matter what you do.

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
Correct.

If that is the case, you might have a wiring issue or a melted connector.