Cargo Light switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thinking of reconfiguring my cargo light switch to a constant 12volts instead of switched / controled by the interior lighting ...
This way I can run my cargo lights (LEDs), amp rack lights (LEDs), and my bed lights (LEDs) off of one switch (for now) ...

You must be registered for see images

Anybody forsee any problems with this ??

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Depends how many amps are u planning to draw going thru it. The cargo switch isn't exactly a heavy duty switch.

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see any. Leds use so little you're not gonna burn up the switch.

I would either add an led light to the dash or wire the switch so "cargo lamp" lights up when switch is on.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I wanted to put it to the test today for u so I wired my compressor thru it with a relay and it's still holding. Lol

Cablguy184

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
OK ... Let me ask you all this question ... I should know this, I've had my interior pannels out several times ...

Does anybody know, or know where I could find the wiring diagram, or the direction the wire takes going from the cargo light switch to the cargo lights ???
I'm hoping I can tie into it somewhere in the "extened cab" section of the vehicle verses going under the dash again ...
I'm also thinking there should be no real reason why I would actually need to make that switch constantly active instead of the way it is now ... Should work fine for my needs ...