CAN I BOLT TBI LONGTUBES TO MY 98 VORTEC WITH AIR INJECTION?? IF SO, HOW??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF ITS POSSIBLE.. HOW WOULD I DELETE THE SMOG PUMP?? WOULD IT HAVE ANY NEGATIVE AFFECTS TOWARDS MPGS???

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You would also be missing the EGR port on the TBI header's but that could easily be welded on.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And you would only have (1) O2 sensor bung in the wrong location. So you'll need to plug it & have (2) new bungs welded in, (1) on each collector since the OBDII trucks run (2) pre cat sensors.

There is actually a whole thread with a install write up on putting TBI headers into a Vortec.

Reaction score
yeah i saw the write up and it doesnt mention anything about an a.i.r. injected vortec. also would i just cut and weld the egr fitting from my old manifolds onto the new ones??

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly I'd just delete the AIR & EGR. Thats what I did on my 99' Trans Am & have never had a ill effect.

Reaction score
my vortec does not have egr, where can I find a smog/a.i.r delete kit?? or would I just be able to remove it and plug it?

trx88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
they actually sell air injector long tubes for a vortec obdII on summit