Camber and Inner Tire Wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've recently begun to notice that my front two wheels have some negative camber. Not exactly like the Hellaflush craze but enough to significantly wear down my 35's on the inner fender. I just bought these in November :suicide: I haven't even had them 2,000 miles so there hasn't been a need for a rotation quite yet. Has anyone experienced the same thing I have?

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Too much torsion bar crank and improper allignment would be my first guess. Bad upper control arm bushings or balljoints would be second guess.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
take her in to get her alligned- $100 alignment is way better then $500 in tires down the road... not to mention bearings and stuff

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My front end is all new and im getting tire wear on the outer edge bad enough that im gonna have to replace my tires that are about 5-6 months old. Rear tires still look new..

This is because no one here can align my lifted 2wd truck!!

77Concours

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Too much torsion bar crank and improper allignment would be my first guess. Bad upper control arm bushings or balljoints would be second guess.

I took my truck for an alignment at one of the local garages who think their shat don't stink. Looks like they'll be receiving a phone call tomorrow sometime.....

take her in to get her alligned- $100 alignment is way better then $500 in tires down the road... not to mention bearings and stuff

This is true, I need to get this fixed before Friday. I'm going to WVU for the weekend to visit friends and can't wear these tires bald.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That many miles on them and wearing like that I would say you have more of an issue with toe than camber either way getting an alignment is best

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would guess that your upper control arm bushings are shot. Does the truck pull or wonder going down the road?