Cab mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
Really don't know where this should be as there are no restoration threads, only mods. I would like to know about being able to shim a cab mount and if this is the way to align my cab with my bed. Driver side is maybe 1/4" or less lower than bed and I would like for the body to align up before installing the moldings. Or it just might need a new mount there, what I saw looked ok but you know how those things are. One note, the original molding was put on offset so I'm guessing it was low from the factory. Grateful for any comments.

Crytone

Reaction score
First, I would check the bushings. That's a big cause for bed and cab not being aligned. Replace them all if any look worn.

With how the frames are constructed at the factory, I don't know if this would exactly be a factory issue. How far out is the alignment of the box and cab? Are you sure the truck hasn't been in an accident or repaired prior?

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Single cab trucks are notorious for this, normally its a worn bushing or broken/cracked/rusted mount on the frame. I have done what your describing before although I doubt its the recommended way of aligning the cab and box.

Donald Mitchell

1990 C1500 5.7L
Reaction score
Ie cleaned and detailed the mounts and no issues the the frame but the busing, especially that side where the driver load is it would be understandable.
You must be registered for see images attach

sparky

Reaction score
there are different thickness bushings front and rear check that the rears are taller there are factory shims in these trucks check a wreckers for some