Cab Mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brhaacke

Reaction score
This may or may not be the right place for this question. My cab has started to sag. Seeing as how the truck has never been in a wreck, I imagine that the rubber cab mounts are starting to sag. Inspection confirms my suspicions. It is time to replace the cab mounts. I found some replacement mounts on the Summit Racing site I might use. I was also planning on doing this job myself.

Has anybody done this before? Anybody have any tips? What is a good product to use?

Also, this is a 1996 k1500 Short Bed, Single Cab, z71.

Thanks in advance.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 94 1ton I used the energy suspension body mounts.. went in real easy.. start spraying all your bolts with pb blaster now... loosen all the bolts but only take one side out at a time. I used z floor hack and a 2x4 on the body of the truck to lift it... lift just enough to remove old and reinstall new.. install bolts back in loosely then repeat on other side. Then tighten everything down once both sides are done... as long as your bolts come out easy it's a really easy job to do..

sent from what use to be a great nation...

poncho62

Old Fart
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but I would think if your cab is sagging, it is more likely the metal that the rubber is attached to is rusting rather than the mount...I would check that out first

HankHill_K2500

Sweet sweet propane
Reaction score
Does anyone know the torque specs off hand for the body mounts? If not I imagine pretty tight anyway because you dont want those coming out. Also Ive heard talk about needing to use threadlocker?

Sent from my propane-converted iPhone

thisoldcamper

Reaction score
Yes to the threadlocker, 55 ft pounds torque, and don't use an impact to remove the bolts, it might break the welded nut loose (done that).