C3500 suspension under a c1500 truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beastmaker

Reaction score
Hey I'm getting a c3500 dually for parts and want to swap over so I can run the dually wheels front and rear on the c1500 I have already. Anyone have anything I need to look for. From what I have found looks like a bolt on for the most part. Rear axel complete swap. Guessing have to swap all control arms etc up front. Anything I can save not swap up front? Ex cab short box is what I'm building. Doing it for the looks not the weight capacity.
Thanks in advance.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Upper control arms must swap because the 3500 spindle won't fit the 1500 ball joint. The UCA's will bolt right in, though. It's been a while but IIRC the LCA's are the same stamped steel pieces 1500-2500-3500.

Almost the same project, but on a RCSB -> http://someotherplace.com/bb/proj/tc88.html

Oh, and do yourself a favor bring the hydroboost setup over from the 3500. Way better braking assist than vacuum.

Richard

Last edited: