C1500 RCSB Cad Model, Cab and Core support

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

New poster here. Currently working on resurrecting a project I started years ago. I a 92 C1500 regular cab that I am looking to build a protouring truck build with. Im currently working through my chassis design. I have the up fitters manual and have alot of the dimensions hashed out for the basic dimensions. I would like to find or purchase a CAD model of the cab, fenders and core support. Anyone know where these might exist? I found a 3ds max model of a long bed, but I do not believe that the model includes the frame or a dimensionally accurate cab underside.

Here are some roughed out teasers for the chassis. Obviously alot of work needs done to get it finished. Need to finish up the front suspension (design is hashed out for Roll Center, ackerman, Scrub, etc etc... just needs drawn up), the rear suspension mounts and arms, body mounts etc. Basically all i have right now is the skeleton... and yes... that is an aluminum frame crossmember/trans support.

Gonna use Wilwood Pro Spindles, 10.25" Mustang II uppers, Custom Long arm lower control arms (18"), 2 way adj Coil over setup, Triangulated 4 link rear. 9" Full Floater rear, and a boosted L33 with a TR6060. Plan on tying in a 8.50 cert cage. Trying to build one of the better handling GMT400's out there. Shooting for about 3200# finished weight.

Any help tracking down these models will help me get more accurate dims than just plumbobbing the cab out.

Thanks
L&P
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: