c1500 on 22's with 30 series tires. What gears should i run for better performance??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
What gears you should get also depends on how much city vs highway driving you do...For highway driving, gears that dont "perform" as well will help keep your rpms down to improve gas mileage

WFO4X4

Banned
Reaction score
if yure looking for a big feel in performance 410's are pretty much youre safest bet. it makes a huge difference in the way the truck takes off and it won't completely kill your hwy. 373's are better on mileage and still make a very notable difference than stock 342 IF that's what is in there now

1sick92

Reaction score
ok i think .373 will be the better choice i drive freeway a lot. I only get 14 highway so i can't imagine it getting much worse lol. I think 373 is going to be best. I also don't know how much this will cost to have done do you??

am92

Fightin' Texas Aggie
Reaction score
Probably about $800 gears and labor included. I had new gears installed when i had the pinion bearing replaced on my rear end and it was a little over $1000 IIRC