Burned out blower motor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So on the way to work this morning had the heat on high and was getting this plastic burning smell opened the hood at work didnt see or smell anything dont smell it on the outside in the cab only, I turned the fan off and the smell went away, doesn't smell like its coming from the HVAC controls more from the blower motor location, ive had ac compressors burn out before and smelled just like this, anyone ever have this happen or have any ideas?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the power wire running off the blower. Mine had burned at the connector right behind clove box. I ended up having to change the wire connector, the blower and resistor.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

Last edited:

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The wire connector something an auto parts store would stock?

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure, I went to the bone yard and clipped one off another truck.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah, ya I just looked on Napa they stock it all just gotta take it apart and see what I need, u take the glove box out and theres a few bolts thats it?

benz88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found if you ever change the blower motor or take that clip off more then a couple times it becomes super loose and wont stay on good. I just used a normal Female Spade connector on it with some heat shrink over it.
You must be registered for see images attach

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Make sure you take the old one in with you to compare. I went to Autozone for the blower and it listed two, and of course the first one I got was the wrong one.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In terms of removing it take out glove box and a few screws and thats it?

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Took it apart one of the power wires burned at the base so need to cut it back and splice a new connector of some sort on, depends how long it takes the correct connector to come in, gonna replace the motor and resistor while im in there too

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
There was a recall on that happening to the blower motor resistor connectors on 99-07 trucks that is still open, my sisters 06 gmc had it happen and she got a new resistor and connector installed at gm for $0.