bumper help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What all is needed to use a 2000s ss bumper? I have seen a fair amount of them on our style trucks when I Googled for bumper ideas. Is there a write up somewhere explaining what modifications need to be done or do they bolt right up? I had a body lift but I got the bumper relocation brackets. Any help would be great. I love how much the bumper hangs down and gives the front and side profile a more massive look and really makes our truck look like a revamped production/concept/resto mod. Thanks again in advance!

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Has anyone here used one? What's the best bumper to use as a backer? Any tips on that cover? Are the mounting brackets completely different for that style truck if I wanted the actual bumper

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im pretty sure that one fits over the regular obs bumper, idk how it mounts ive never really looked at them up close. The 2000 up bumpers mount way different then the obs bumpers. The newer bumper wouldn't fit the grill right and would take a decent amount of work to make fit. Also an actual ss bumper is not cheap and I think they have been discontinued.

4x4incountryboy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you know if they seem pretty rugged? And I want to upgrade my 90 to a 98 grill so would it work with it? What all do I need to change to make this bumper and grill combo work?

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The one in the link will work with any obs grill and is pretty much a bolt on deal. Ive never installed one but they seem to be fairly sturdy.