broke this heater hose and need a part number. pic inside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I managed to break this heater hose off my intake this afternoon while replacing the intake gaskets. It is a 94 Blazer Sport 350TBI. Does anyone have a ny links to some parts diagrams so I can get the correct GM part number for it and see if its still available from the dealer? The hose goes from the the heater core on the firewall to the rear of the intake on the passenger side.

You must be registered for see images attach

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those break more often than not, I suggest that you replace it with a regular simple 3/4 heater hose nipple, and a piece of heater hose, most of the time it's possible to retrieve the broken piece out of the intake with a large easy out. Anytime I buy GMT 400 truck I remove those and throw them away and replace them with a regular nipple.

Chevyman96

Reaction score
I would do what DRAGGIN95 sugested to do,but if you want that part goto gmpartseast.com they have a diagram you want and what it costs, after filling out your info on your blazer go to {front end sheet medal,heater} then {hoses and pipes,heater} I would put a link in here but i havent figured it out yet.

Last edited:

burganyntan98

Reaction score
that broke on my truck and while trying to remove the quick disconnect fitting i damaged the lower intake. :( the regular nipple is a good idea.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the fast responses guys. I just ordered a nipple fitting from Amazon. Will be at work tomorrow for a grand total of $5.00.The intake is off the truck so it will be a lot easier getting the broken part of the fitting out compared to the guys that break it off while the intake is still on the truck. What was supposed to be a simple water pump swap has turned into a complete intake manifold gasket job and now the hose. My coolant is only a year old and it was brown. Not greenish brown but brown. What is rusting in my engine? The radiator is one year old and its aluminum.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It sound's like you have a lot of rust in the engine block itself, I would suggest you flush the hell out of it before you refill it.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I have to do the water pump too so I will flush it out the best I can with a garden hose. You suggest anything to slow this rusting down inside the engine

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well something that I have done is use some actual flush like Prestone, etc, whatever brand, and I have had a few truck's the seemed to have more rust in them than other's, on those truck's I run more than recommended amount of antifreeze, straight water will make them rust really fast, so I run a 75/25 mix with 75 percent antifreeze not prediluted either, and 25 percent water. I have noticed much less rust running that mix as opposed to 50/50. but to each their own I say.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
When you flush the block use a coolant system cleaner, such as 'WYNN'S', then when your flushing the system, along with the water hose, run a compressed air line beside the H20 hose. The percolation of the air & water will help to release any rust flakes in the system. I've seen a fitting somewhere that incorporates the air & water together, but I just can't remember where. It was a long time ago.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Also, the hardness of the water in your area will effect the amount of rust that builds up in the cooling system. If the water in your area is really hard, I'd use de-mineralized H2o.