PN for heater hose barbed fitting with restrictor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This was posted recently (by my standards) and I'll be d@mn3d if I can find it. Somewhere out there is a GM part number for a barbed fitting that goes in the intake that has the correct size restrictor inside of it. Since I blew up a heater hose and don't feel like paying $46 for a damn hose, I want to eliminate the QD altogether while also not blowing up the 24 year old heater core.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just saw that the other day too and can’t find it either :whymewhyme:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This one maybe?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^ Pretty sure that's it.

I posted the link to that thread in your plow truck build thread earlier but hadn't seen this yet. Looks like I was beaten to it!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hose is cheap too.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yep that's the one! I even used the laptop instead of my phone to search and just struck out. Caman where did you source your fitting? Have you installed that hose yet? Wondering if the single bend is sufficient. I can get the hose on Amazon for $14, but that fitting is gonna be about $30 to get to my door. It's discontinued, so all that's out there must be NOS.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, I haven’t installed yet. But I physically held the hose in place and it looks like it would be a perfect fit.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep that's the one! I even used the laptop instead of my phone to search and just struck out. Caman where did you source your fitting? Have you installed that hose yet? Wondering if the single bend is sufficient. I can get the hose on Amazon for $14, but that fitting is gonna be about $30 to get to my door. It's discontinued, so all that's out there must be NOS.
AutoZone is showing them for $12.99.
Oreilley’s too, same price!
Edit: For the AcDelco 15-33220 that is.
Also, use the “wire loom” protection on existing hose for new Gates hose.

Last edited: