break light switch replacement help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
im working on replacing my brake light switch, i live in louisiana and you have to be time efficent working on your truck during the summer due to the heat, that being said, i was tinkering with the old brake light switch trying to get it off but apparently there is some trick to it and after 15-20 minutes i hadnt figured it out so i figured id get some advise from you all, does anyone know whats the easiest way to replace the brake light switch?

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found old thread,
i had the same problem with brake lights coming on then going right out and this did the trick. It was also was hard to shift out of park. Got this from another forum. GL if you have big hands like myself.

here's the alldata write-up for it:

You must be registered for see images attach

Removal

1.Disconnect the negative battery cable.

2.Disable the SIR.

3.Remove the pushrod retainer from the brake pedal pin. Use snap ring pliers.

4.Unsnap the stoplamp switch from the pushrod.

5.Disconnect the electrical connector from the stoplamp switch.

Installation

1.Connect the electrical connector to the stoplamp switch.

2.Snap the stoplamp switch onto the pushrod.

3.Install the pushrod retainer on the brake pedal pin. Use an 11 mm (7/16 inch) socket in order to push a new clip onto the pin.

4.Connect the negative battery cable.

5.Enable the SIR.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

Sent from a Phone Booth using Tapatalk

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
When I was playing with it today I could only get one hand in there and only from awkward angles. I'm not looking forward to it but I need to because i have no brake likes and no electronic lock up on the torque converter