Brandy New Front End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been told that heating up the rivets cherry red will let them tap out much easier. Of course I was told this AFTER drilling and pounding out all the rivets in the uppers and lower ball joints on my old truck. Even with just basic hand tools and in the driveway it is very capable to be done in a day.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
We torched the crap out of my rivets and no budge. drill and pb blaster and it doesnt take long at all

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ball joints does not take 8-10 hrs bs! i did it with my buddys at their dads shop in like half that time for both sides upper and lower and idler arm. we are all 17 too... tops are a pain lol but air chizzel to remove rivet heads and then we used it to get the upper bj off control arm and took the arm to press to push out the studs

jantzer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The uppers are really easy compared to the lowers if you have to drill/punch. I had to drill out the entire lowers to get them to move. I ground off both sides of the rivet and had to drill out the entire rivet.

livin2k20

Reaction score
I just spent 2k on my front end reman gear box pitman arm idler arm and bracket tie rod ends i and o adj sleeves ball joints u and l monroe reflex shocks money well spent money well spent on the ol hoe

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
When My Dad & I did mine, he took a grinder & cut an 'X' into the tops of the rivets, then hit 'em with an air chisel. Made short work of a PITA job. Less than 2 hours, for all 4. Complete job was done in about 4 hours, by the two of us. I did one side, he did the other. Old school maintenance mechanics, gotta love 'em!

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think a using a grinder to remove most of the head and an airchisel would make short work of the ********. I wanted to do this to my old truck and that seemed the easiest way.