Brake warning light coming on...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prginocx

Reaction score
It is ON when you turn the key during starting ( At the run position ), but it goes off when the engine is running. After you drive a while it comes on, after mayge 3 minutes.

I did check the fluid in the reservoir, seems very full. No work done recently on the brakes. What is causing this ?

TXDIRT67

Reaction score
Not really sure why it does it, but mine did this too. I pushed the emergency brake all the way down and released it, and the problem went away.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
cable is probably too taunt, something is causing it to pull just right to turn that light on.

Only other way it can come on is low brake fluid.

prginocx

Reaction score
Is it the RED Brake light or the yellow/ amber ABS light?

It is the red brake light warning lower R corner of the instrument panel. I've read a lot of posts regarding the ABS light issues, thank God its not that....

I did fool with the pedal, going down and ALL the way up several times, nothing seems to help.

Dszx13

ragged out Z71
Reaction score
Mines the same way. Lol. Red light has been on for about 6-7 years keep up with fluids an change the brakes when needed. Brakes are pretty firm while driving. So maybe it could be a sensor?

Sent from the legion of doom

prginocx

Reaction score
Mines the same way. Lol. Red light has been on for about 6-7 years keep up with fluids an change the brakes when needed. Brakes are pretty firm while driving. So maybe it could be a sensor?

Sent from the legion of doom

" Well, after checking the fluid for the upteenth time, and pushing the pedal all the way back up into position, its finally off. Sensor for the fluid must be getting intermittent. How full is that fluid reservoir supposed to be anyway ? It seemed totally full.