brake line help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok i have a 95 z71 ext. cab and i am restoring it.i removed my old brake lines and they had badly mashed areas and stressed areas so im looking to get or make new ones.i looked on the web at advance auto parts and they have rolls of brake line would that be a good idea or would i need to go to a junkyard?

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Go for the new stuff but you will need to rent a flaring tool to make it work.......also a bender is not a bad idea. Cheap and fairly easy to do.

Joesgarage

Wrench
Reaction score
If your restoring then get the brake line by the roll, buy a double flare kit for steel line and a tube bender.
Do it right the first time. You can use a coat hanger to make a template/guide to bend your tube/line. Or reuse your old line for a template if its not too beat up.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
You could just plug the rear brake lines for ease of rebuilding and cost.....:D But yeah, used and brakes shouldnt go toghether.

I actually did that once.....

Had a turbo'ed 350(low volume, T3 Garret units at 8psi) in a lifted 86 4wd that I was racing a Mustank with. The exhaust pipe blew off the header at full boost, WOT and took my driver side rear brake line with it. I had a bolt that fit and jammed it in the hard line for a *temporary* fix. I sold the truck 4 years later and never fixed it.......

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
You can bend the brakeline without the tube bender but its alot easier and quicker if you have it, my rear brakeline blew at the same time one of my calipers blew, talk about a fun drive through town, never been so scared in my life lol

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh dang man good glad ya made it out okay.i had a brand new pitman arm come apart at 65 and that was no fun it flipped 7 times.i just bought a bender im goind to use it to get it all looking good and have good bends