LMC Truck or InLine Tube Brake Lines?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I like using vinyl hose from the hardware store. It's nice and flexible, and you can see any air bubbles so you can know visually when you're done bleeding the lines. For connections, I just buy extra bleeders and use them like hose barbs. To secure the hose, I just use old bread ties, and twist them with pliers and snip off the ends, makes for a real neat connection that gives an aircraft/racing wired vibe. :crazy: :banana-mario: :crazy: :banana-mario: :crazy: :banana-mario:

However, I've heard Inline tube praised quite a bit by others on the board. I've never replaced a whole line set, so I've never gone with pre-bent. I did buy some special coated garbage once and it didn't last as long as the OEM, so that got replaced with copper alloy (CuNiFe) brake line.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm more of the variety of steel lines lasted 30 years so a second set should outlive me and make my own. Steel , Ni Copp etc have at it. i'd rather have the extra $$ making me money or put to use somewhere else. On these trucks, making up lines is pretty straightforward. Moreso than most musclecars.

Last edited:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just go to NAPA and buy pre-flared tubing and unions and bend it up yourself. You don't need SS out there in Texas and unless you're doing a concourse restoration you don't need high dollar pre-bent lines. Just do a neat,clean job!!!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you have any experience with them? I saw them a while ago and there were a lot of poor reviews
yep, i used them for my 97, made a thread on GMT400 cause had an issue with one of the lines, right part # but too long.

their product and support were excellent.

B-Lake

Reaction score
Just an update. I appreciate all the responses, I ended up going with the Inline Tube Kit.