Box sits 1/2" too far to driver side

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picked up my 91 Silverado 2500 last year without a box, so I got a box for it. Just finally got it on today and all the bolts in, and the thing sticks out about a half inch on the driver side, and of course a 1/2" in on the pass side. My dad ran his own Autobody shop for 25 years and said he hasn't ever seen a box line up that bad, ever. Only idea we had was to slot the frame holes a bit more and slide it over. Anyone else ever come across this?

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
If you have all bolt in and the bed is that far off. That only mean you a bent frame... That he only time I have that. Slot the frame is the easy way to fix it

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frames not bent. To be that far off from the back of the cab there would have to be a big z in the frame right behind the back cab mount. Like I said, my dad ran an autobody shop for 25 years and he was puzzled by it.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
When I got my crew cab my bed sat over like that. I loosened the bolts and pushed it over and it fixed it. You could try that.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's some pictures.

Drivers side
You must be registered for see images

Pass Side

Driver Side Frame

Pass Side Frame

When I got my crew cab my bed sat over like that. I loosened the bolts and pushed it over and it fixed it. You could try that.

Yeah, we already pushed it over as far as the holes would allow, it helped a little bit.

kevhill85

96 BD Tahoe!!!!
Reaction score
If the impact of the hit was on one Conner of the frame you will get a Diamond the frame. You would not see a bend or z in the frame. I have seen this many time in the 88-98 trucks. My last truck was the same. I made the hole bigger on the frame side. Just my IMO?..

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There no dent, dings, z's, or diamonds in the frame, it's straight as an arrow, doesn't have anything weird that doesn't look like it wasn't there from the factory. Don't see how it could be a diamond <> though. My dads seen a ton of vehicles over the years with bent frames, we looked this one over and it's fine, drives straight down the road as well, no dog walking like a frame shifted to the side would. Looking at the pictures it looks like the box only stick out on the top, the farther towards the bottom it doesn't kinda strange.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can also loosen the cab mount's and push it over a little, there is a little room there too, might be enough to make up the difference.

1Kurgan1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can also loosen the cab mount's and push it over a little, there is a little room there too, might be enough to make up the difference.

Good idea, can slide the box, completely spaced out the cab, I might have to try that. Though I'm thinking if I do that, then the sides of the truck will come to a point at the center. Where as I should be able to set the camera against the body and take a shot and see the entire length of the truck.