Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry I'm going back a couple of days but where/who did you get the TYC ish headlights from on eBay. I'm not thrilled with the ones I just bought that have the cheap sticker vent. The passenger side adjuster screw was DOA and the free bulbs are pretty terrible.
Any tips for someone with DRLs trying to add the HD harness.
I'll look back through this thread but between Photobucket blocking old photos and an akward search function in Tapatalk sometimes it is just easier to ask.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

I got them off Ebay from a link @88GMCtruck had posted in a thread about comparing them to the original TYC headlights; I haven't found a set similar to those ever since, I've search because I want to put a set on my GF's Tahoe, but all I can find are Anzos or the Chinesium knockoffs; which these are knockoffs too, but really well made.
The harness I got from LMC truck said it wasn't made for trucks with DRLs, but mine are disabled and it doesn't cause any issues; if I were you I'd either pull the fuse for the DRLs or remove the module under the dash, other than that, it's a plug and play set up.

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
I got them off Ebay from a link @88GMCtruck had posted in a thread about comparing them to the original TYC headlights; I haven't found a set similar to those ever since, I've search because I want to put a set on my GF's Tahoe, but all I can find are Anzos or the Chinesium knockoffs; which these are knockoffs too, but really well made.
The harness I got from LMC truck said it wasn't made for trucks with DRLs, but mine are disabled and it doesn't cause any issues; if I were you I'd either pull the fuse for the DRLs or remove the module under the dash, other than that, it's a plug and play set up.
Here you go.

A whopping $34 and if you mod the OEM adjusters to work they are probably the best light out there for a GMT400.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHROME-HOU...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I finally drove my dad's Duramax for the first time since he got it.

Holy ****.

A couple things, the fuel cutoff is brutal in it, so that took some getting used to; and there's a caliper/pad issue on the left side rear of the truck so under moderate braking it shook the truck until it came to a full stop.
But other than that, it's a ****** animal. It almost makes me want to shoot bigger for my 454 when I rebuild it, but for the meantime I hope the mods I've got planned will get my truck to even a fraction of the grunt that LB7 has.

Actually used it for truck stuff over the weekend, hauled pallets to a friend's burn pile, my and my brother almost got stuck in the field in 2Hi, so I popped it in 4Hi and eased on out, whereas he had to lock his hubs and crawl out.
I noticed a clunk coming from the front differential after I engaged the transfer case, but I think it was just driveline slack. I really need to look into those Posi-Lock kits, the thermal actuator is getting to be a pain in the ass any time I try to use 4WD.
You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I drove a stock LB7 dually, wasn't impressed. They only made like 550ft/lb back then.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I drove a stock LB7 dually, wasn't impressed. They only made like 550ft/lb back then.

I wonder if this one has some work done to it then; cause it'll set you back in the seat and burn the tires no problem if you get on it, it does sound louder than stock too, I really haven't had time or motivation to really pick it over other than getting interior cleaned up.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well don't forget I'm really comparing to my blown 1500. With that said, I remember what the 3500 felt like blown with the POS Whippletronics and tiny ass exhaust. Realistically my blown 454 should skull drag a stock LB7, but my mind/expectations have also been tainted by ~850 ft/lb F450s with 4.30 gears.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I really need to give this thing some loving. It's filthy inside and out, I've got a mountain of parts to put on, and another mountain of parts to order for it.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Multiply that by 5 or 6 vehicles and you have me. And a house. It doesn't get any easier.

Yeah, I'm nervous about working my way to that point in life. I'm looking for houses now, hoping to make some big moves on that this year; which will probably lead to more vehicles....my girlfriend laid down the law saying no more than two vehicles for both of us.

Little does she know.....
What insurance do you have for all your junk? I've got Allstate and my agent said he could cut me discounts for multiple vehicle policies and **** like that; the only thing I really worry about is a racecar whenever I get around to building one, I don't know how insurance would work for a dirt track car.