Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
9011/9012s require a slight bit of trimming on one of the tabs, but then they just drop it. I compared mine to the stock 9006 bulbs for reference, marked it, and trimmed it. Only took me about 15 minutes.
Cool, thanks!

5vortec7

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was 87 here in upper MI yesterday and everyone's losing their collective minds. We came from 95 degree CO. Even with a little humidity I didn't notice it was 87, not really that bad but fun to hear people cry.
Did you miss out last Thursday in Denver when we tied our highest temp ever of 105? Very low humidity but still not enjoyable.

@BowtieBrody what did you pay for your bumper? I found a z71 Tahoe being parted out that still has the bumper and lights I might grab for my burban.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I was in the Springs, but I did not miss out. I was in our non-air conditioned warehouse all last week.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Did you miss out last Thursday in Denver when we tied our highest temp ever of 105? Very low humidity but still not enjoyable.

@BowtieBrody what did you pay for your bumper? I found a z71 Tahoe being parted out that still has the bumper and lights I might grab for my burban.

I think I paid $135 for mine; but it's a new bumper.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
UPDATE TIME.

So far, I'm almost done getting the truck where I want it appearance wise, I've got a brand-used set of Eagle Alloy 186s I'm polishing up to wrap my KO2s around; I've also got a set of 2" spacers I'm debating on,
You must be registered for see images attach

Now I'm probably gonna tinker with performance a little, just to do what I can because I can't tear this engine down for a cam swap yet.
I'm thinking a true CAI, a larger throttle body, an 0411, and a set of Hedman shorty headers. I know some of this is snake oil performance. But I feel like with them being done together it might give my truck a little more grunt on stock internals and whatnot. Still not 100% sure.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I got that Summit 85mm throttle body with 2 throttle arms. If you wanna be a cheapass though get an LS1 car TB. It has the linear linkage to help with response.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
I like both rims you got, but I love the bullet holes more. Can't wait to be going back to bullet holes myself, great find Brody!

So that smoothie diesel bumper is new? How's the quality? I am thinking about getting a paintable smoothie diesel bumper from LMC and just wondered on the quality of yours, if yours is an aftermarket one. But if yours is an OEM one, disregard this question.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
The spacers I got aren’t hub piloted and haven’t had an issue with them. But then again, I don’t really tow much more than a 8x5’ lawn mower trailer with a mower.

Mine are 1.5” spacers, I think they are spot on with the front. Either way it will make the rear end look badass when you get done putting them on. :waytogo:

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
I got that Summit 85mm throttle body with 2 throttle arms. If you wanna be a cheapass though get an LS1 car TB. It has the linear linkage to help with response.

I've been weighing my options, I thought about porting a stock TB but I don't know if it'd be easier than throwing on an aftermarket throttle body.

Those spacers do not look hub piloted. I would avoid using them.
I'm weary about them, but I might try em for a couple days to see if they're legit. I'm trying to find the rings that will make them both hub and lug centric now,

I like both rims you got, but I love the bullet holes more. Can't wait to be going back to bullet holes myself, great find Brody!

So that smoothie diesel bumper is new? How's the quality? I am thinking about getting a paintable smoothie diesel bumper from LMC and just wondered on the quality of yours, if yours is an aftermarket one. But if yours is an OEM one, disregard this question.

It's just one I got off of Ebay, pretty good quality but the metal is sharp on the edges, I think I paid like $135 for it,