Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Hitch installed! Spare tire no longer fits, so that kind of sucks, but I was debating on getting rid of it due to running 33s.
Trailer brake coming next, all the wires from the plug to the fuse center are ran, just need to wire in the plug for the controller in the cab, install circuit breakers and run the last bit of wiring.

You can also see my cobbled exhaust. Not great at all for a so-called professional shop; but replacing the entire system was on the list anyway.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Exactly how heavy do you intend to pull? The stock hitch is good to 10k. Much north of that and you should be leaning toward a gooseneck or 5th wheel IMO. I will say that B&W does look beefy.

Towing will probably be around 10K-10.5K max, I do have plans to install a turnover ball in the bed too. The stock hitch had a couple suspicious spots on it that I wasn't too keen on towing heavy with.
Plus I didn't like the way the hitch hung down, it looks much better tucked up like that imo

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Those are good reasons. I'm thinking of jamming a deflated 33 into the spare location and just carrying a pump with me. Could also abandon the spare, carry some fix a flat, and keep your fingers crossed.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
I like the tucked up hitch, looks a little cleaner imo. My grandpa's 97 has a tucked up hitch and looks awesome.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those are good reasons. I'm thinking of jamming a deflated 33 into the spare location and just carrying a pump with me. Could also abandon the spare, carry some fix a flat, and keep your fingers crossed.

Never thought of the deflated 33; might do the fix a flat idea realistically. With going to have a locker in the front and a tru-trac in the rear, I would prefer to limp along on an almost deflated tire versus tearing something up with two different sized tires.

I like the tucked up hitch, looks a little cleaner imo. My grandpa's 97 has a tucked up hitch and looks awesome.

I was debating on snagging a hitch from the junkyard that was on a C3500, but decided against it after judging the truck had a pretty hard life. Who knows how the previous owners beat on it.

Mangonesailor

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Never thought of the deflated 33; might do the fix a flat idea realistically. With going to have a locker in the front and a tru-trac in the rear, I would prefer to limp along on an almost deflated tire versus tearing something up with two different sized tires.

Hrm, I have kind of the same problem.

Not a bad idea actually. I have a porta-pump I could use.