Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Ahh, yeah wouldn't work for me on the dually anyway as I have that wire disabled in the tune. Come to think of it, I only remember seeing that commanded amperage in the black box. Not sure that I ever saw it in the 411 tune.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A little late on the pics, but here ya go. I loosely fastened the side to the frame, and then bolted the center piece in. Much easier than juggling the whole thing on a creeper. I had to loosen the bumper brackets for some reason too, can’t remember why though. Might have been to align the threaded hole.

Passenger side.
You must be registered for see images attach

Bolt in rearmost threaded hole, nut and bolt on the other two holes.

Same deal on the drivers side.

Last edited:

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I was doing the same thing with installation going piece by piece.
And it looks to fit exactly how it went on my truck; I did have a slight issue with the driver's side shock mount but a little bit of adjustment got it corrected.
Going tomorrow to have the muffler shop move the hanger, and hopefully I can get both the hitch and brake controller installed tomorrow.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Currently do not have a drivers side shock, no issue there. One of these days I’ll bite the bullet and get some Bilsteins, but it hasn’t been high on my list because the ride isn’t bad. I can only imagine what it will be like when I ever get around to the Bilsteins and GMT900 cab mounts.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Currently do not have a drivers side shock, no issue there. One of these days I’ll bite the bullet and get some Bilsteins, but it hasn’t been high on my list because the ride isn’t bad. I can only imagine what it will be like when I ever get around to the Bilsteins and GMT900 cab mounts.

Rancho RS5000s, and GMT900P cab mounts are in the future for my truck, I'm wanting to make the cab as quiet and as solid riding as a new truck. With Killmat on the floor, double up in the doors, extended cab portion, and roof, it should at least be somewhat quiet.....whenever I get around to it...

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The mounts are pretty decent. Ranchos seem great when new and then they have a tendency to turn into POSs. I'd do Bilsteins if I were you. If you have a 3rd door it's always gonna rattle.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The mounts are pretty decent. Ranchos seem great when new and then they have a tendency to turn into POSs. I'd do Bilsteins if I were you. If you have a 3rd door it's always gonna rattle.

No third door, and my brother's truck has Ranchos he put on about a year ago now, and they're still like new. I would love Bilsteins, but oof. Pricey.