Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s perfect! Thank you! Do you notice any difference in the ride from cranking it to give that awesome stance?

I need to get one of these guys that are really good with photoshop to put those wheels on my truck.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That’s perfect! Thank you! Do you notice any difference in the ride from cranking it to give that awesome stance?

I need to get one of these guys that are really good with photoshop to put those wheels on my truck.

Not really any major difference; a little rougher than stock 245s but I think that's partly due to my bushings and shocks being worn out.
I'm probably going to go up another half inch or so when I throw a set of blocks in the rear

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
@Mangonesailor

Here is Brody's timing table vs a snippet of my own.

You must be registered for see images attach

Now mine.

They're plotted differently, but mine has a lot more low load/low RPM timing. This helps a TON with throttle response when loafing along in OD. I'm also running 91 octane, but Brody has a bit to pick up still by the looks of things.

Next is the 4th TCC unlock. Brody.

And me, 4th TCC unlock.

Again, mine is tuned to hold 4th locked much tighter at lower throttle openings. Next is my 4-3 downshift.

Looks like Brody will hold 4th a little longer before a downshift to 3rd than I will. I learned on the 1500 that the 4th unlock values have to be lower than the 4-3 downshift or else it will constantly unlock. I need to lower it more around the 55mph area to get it working more like the 1500. I figured this would be a better fit in his build thread than the towing thread.

Christian Steffen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@Mangonesailor

Here is Brody's timing table vs a snippet of my own.

Now mine.

They're plotted differently, but mine has a lot more low load/low RPM timing. This helps a TON with throttle response when loafing along in OD. I'm also running 91 octane, but Brody has a bit to pick up still by the looks of things.

Next is the 4th TCC unlock. Brody.

And me, 4th TCC unlock.

Again, mine is tuned to hold 4th locked much tighter at lower throttle openings. Next is my 4-3 downshift.

Looks like Brody will hold 4th a little longer before a downshift to 3rd than I will. I learned on the 1500 that the 4th unlock values have to be lower than the 4-3 downshift or else it will constantly unlock. I need to lower it more around the 55mph area to get it working more like the 1500. I figured this would be a better fit in his build thread than the towing thread.

One thing to note with the timing tables, being cammed you can probably run more timing than brody, especially if he's only running 87. Some shift point changes should help, especially with the poor gear/tire combo; gear change would be the best though. Or a supercharger lol

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The parts pile steadily grows.
I got my B&W Class 5 hitch, 7/4 pole connector, and a Tekonsha P3 brake controller in; hopefully I can get them installed this weekend. Then next on the list is air bags and Daystar cradles, and that should take care of the truck's ability to handle weight.

Still have to get the Big 3 installed, but I'm going to get an AD244 from NAPA, a plug with sensing wire from Painless, and a new Odyssey battery; that'll probably be a chunk of the next paycheck.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bturner333