Bowtie Brody's Namesake 96 454

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andy396

GMT400 Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I tried to do a quick and dirty replacement on the actuator, got one from NAPA only to realize it was the wrong one.

So I returned it, went to get the correct one only to find out there's not a single store within 30 miles that had it in stock. Guess I'll just cough up the 250 for the electric slug and harness from LMC.

The actuator and connector can be had for about $100 on RockAuto. You’ll still need to add a spacer in there, but it would save you over $100.

When I converted to the 2000 Powertrain the new style actuator came along for the ride. Way better than the thermal one. It’s still not instant like I wish it was. There’s like a 10 second delay or so.

I’d have to refer back to my thread to remember how long to make the spacer, but if you want to save some money I’d be happy to help figure it out with you.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The actuator and connector can be had for about $100 on RockAuto. You’ll still need to add a spacer in there, but it would save you over $100.

When I converted to the 2000 Powertrain the new style actuator came along for the ride. Way better than the thermal one. It’s still not instant like I wish it was. There’s like a 10 second delay or so.

I’d have to refer back to my thread to remember how long to make the spacer, but if you want to save some money I’d be happy to help figure it out with you.

I'll take a look at your thread and see if I can find it! I've got a 4.10 front diff with an Eaton E-locker lined up for my truck, so I've got some time to get it all figured out.
I had no idea Rock Auto had the harness and all, guess I should've looked around.

Cokeman95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Mine is a half ton so I don't know if there is a difference between the 2 but I definitely didnt pay 250. Lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You got tow/haul hooked up yet? I made some changes to my shift points for myself in towing mode. You might like them. Holds second a little longer and a forced downshift from 2nd to 1st was reduced to prevent overrev.

I haven't yet; I've been dragging my feet on a lot of stuff with the truck, I still haven't been able to find an Astro tow/haul shifter and I hate the way the NBS one sits around the steering wheel