Body has shifted to the right

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cdivine

Reaction score
Support on cab is shot. Your not going to move this back by pushing on it. Did you run into or impact something? Like hit a tree stump or some other impact?
Well previous owner backed into a tree but that was nearly 3 years ago. Had to put a new bumper on when I bought it. The last straw it seems was haulin that tank and backing into an awkward spot, high on the right side, low ditch on the left. Seems she finally let go when I gave her some revs. But thats the way she goes when ya well is runnin dry.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Best to just keep on rollin as is then

If you dont mind F'ed up body lines then yea

But just to show you, my plow truck has absolutely 0 rear cab mounts left. I'm rolling on a camshaft cover from an 85 yamaha between the frame and body on the drivers side in this pic...

Body lines are straight as an arrow!

You must be registered for see images attach

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Maybe some motivating reads to keep your beater up and going...

Jeepwalker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
More than likely the cab mount, or frame mount under the bushing broke. You can see how the bushing is at an angle in your picture. The metal probably rusted away under the mount. Moisture can collect and the metal *underneath* the bushing (you can't see under there) can rust over time.

If that's the case, what i would do is get some PB Blaster and get the straw in where you think the cab support bolt threads are ...and spray them a few times over a few days. Then try to remove the rear two cab mount bolts, and loosen the front cab bolts several turns. Hopefully you can.

Then lift the cab with a floor jack under each side of the cab's rockers (or wherever you can get a solid purchase), and raise the back off the cab off it's mounts an inch or so. Remove the rubber bushings and see how much metal's left. Look up and see if the alignment is off. If not, then it's probably the box. But at first look, it seems the cab is off. If the frame mount is rusted, cut new metal and weld in there as needed.

If it's the box, then that's another issue. The box bolts which go into the lateral supports often rust apart where the bolts connect. There'd you'd probably want to remove the box and fix it, or replace with a rust-free box.

Those one-piece frame box/cab mount brackets rust bad too. Check yours. You won't find an obs truck in our salty area where that bracket isn't all rusted to pieces.

But I suspect by looking at your pictures, it's the area beneath the rubber cab bushings.