blue_92_sierra's bagged ecsb build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Buddy at a local parts store hooked me up with a new fuel tank cuz I discovered a pin hole in my old tank after i painted it and it leaked everywhere.

You must be registered for see images attach

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
It's too bad it leaked gas all over dads shop floor but Ill take that over burning my truck down any day!

Some pics of cutting up my front end from the other day.. Still need to notch for tie rods and plate where I cut the frame for my control arms to clear.

Spring pocket cut:

Was gonna cut more on my frame above my lca but when I tested it, it looked like it will clear just fine because the bag can't compress anymore than it has before the arm hits so I think I'm good to plate it in now..

My question is, can I lay out on 22's with a 3" cup with tubular arms or does the cup need to be cut down? It looks like it should be ok

Reaction score
I lay on 22s with the KP cups for 20s. I would think you should with those arms.. You pie cut the frame by the bag cut out?

Reaction score
You can use a jack to close the pie cut.. I used my factory arms and did the pie cut.. didnt even have to dehump them.. Man that lil cut makes a huge difference in arm clearance.. Thumbs up!! Very nice work!

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
You can use a jack to close the pie cut.. I used my factory arms and did the pie cut.. didnt even have to dehump them.. Man that lil cut makes a huge difference in arm clearance.. Thumbs up!! Very nice work!

Thanks man, yeah I pie cut a little bit out of the frame behind the spring pocket. I was scared I didn't cut enough but worried if I cut more itd be too much! That little bit of a cut makes a big difference lol. Now it's time to put it together to double check clearance with a 29" tire then tear it down again to plate the frame and notch for tie rods. Whoever invented plasma cutters must have did it to make bagging his truck easier haha

JBLOOM33

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What bag are you running in the front? my cups are 2 3/4 with dominator 2600 bags in the front and im just a lil bit from laying all the way out.. i need to take a lil more off the cup.. still get pleanty of lift to clear tires by alot.. firewall is tubbed for 24's and i have clearence on everything.. so u might wanna cut them down a lil bit so you dont have to take it apart.. im running tubular control arms with moog high travel ball joints also

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I will be running slam ss7's up front till I swap em out for re7's or dominators. I think I might cut my cups down a 1/2" just to be sure. I think I read somewhere that 2.5" cups will work..