blow through bass?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok so i was tooling around at the pawn shop today and i happend across a 15inch kicker L7 with a pretty scary price in a totally awesome box set up for that sub, well i argued the guy down and took it home for an unbelivable 150 bucks cash. now dont try to dog me on my sub i have had well over 7 15 inch kicker L7s in my whole car audio phase as a kid, i know what they are capable of and know their going rate. i got a great set up for a steal! i know what amp to run with it to make it perfect, but... its obviously way to big for my reg cab 97. so im tossing around the idea of a blowthrough setup, yes i know it will greatly bring down my retail price if i ever want to sell it, but i will not sell this truck so thats out, i have sold it before and guess what, i own it agian! so should i chop out the back of my cab? i have a pretty solid idea laid down for what i want to do, what i want is some ideas and suggestions. pros mainly i know the cons. im not 100% on weather im going to go ahead and make this project happen, its just a thought. other info on my truck. i plan on keeping it on the road and running it at the sand dunes. it doesnt see trails or mud anymore and it will not see them ever again so now worries there. any pics of blowthroughs? some advice maybe? cool tricks? let me know!

Reaction score
If it were my truck I would not do it, but it's your truck so if that's what you want, go for it. Just remember that is a big hole to patch if you decide you don't like it!!

Reaction score
I guess maybe I am just out of my big bass stage. Don't get me wrong I like a good system. I am looking for a sub box for under my rear seat as we speak. But to dedicate my bed for a speaker box, it's just not for me. Like I said it's your truck so set it up the way you want. I change my mods all the time and this one would be hard to reverse.

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board
Look for users
95-1500
Team-Bassick Alpine
teamnemesis-dj
they have 88-98's with blowthrus, I really liked 95-1500's idea of using the back glass as the blow thru instead of chopping up sheetmetal. there are many many others that have done it on these trucks too.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess maybe I am just out of my big bass stage. Don't get me wrong I like a good system. I am looking for a sub box for under my rear seat as we speak. But to dedicate my bed for a speaker box, it's just not for me. Like I said it's your truck so set it up the way you want. I change my mods all the time and this one would be hard to reverse.

well like i said im a L7 15 man really, but this always happens to me ill be looking for what i "want" and i always decide go big or go home lol. i swear to god! i was looking at 3 8inch jls in a truck box today on craigslist and was going to get them sat! but i ran into this monster and could not pass up the price, weather i resell it or save it for a system beater car is another story, or chop up my truck! idk yet we'll see. as of right now im still going to buy the jls also just incase i decide i dont want to cut up my truck. but really i want to make it super nice and not use the bed for much of anything so i can keep it nice, sand/ show/ weekend warrior. i plan on running rockstars and nittos muds this summer if all is well to show it up a little more. i have been jumped in by vertically challenged because there michigan chaper vp really wants some lifted truck guys in his club, so i gave in after like 3 months of being bugged so we will see how it goes. it might end up in a few shows or whatever they are all about im not quite sure yet.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the guys on that site are so into their systems it makes me not want one lol. but i guess if running 174 altornators on your motor and 64 18 inch fi btl subs is your thing then hey thats cool lol. i did see alot of cool ideas though so thank you for that! but man some of those guys ha its funny ****!

CodyB

Grease Monkey
Reaction score
Yeah it is, Theres tons of good info on there but you gotta figure out who has it and who has gone overboard. I have an '03 RE (Resonant Engineering) *** 15" sub. Im needing an amp that will do around 2000 watts rms @ 1 ohm (or 0.25 ohm :naughty:) for this one subwoofer, or two thatll do 1k @2 ohm load.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am a member over there too. Some of those dudes do go a lil far but its their hobby. I have 2 12" Sundown nightshades sitting in my closet. I am debating on just ditching my rear seat to use them.