Blacking Out my Truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
You and me both brother!

I think these trucks looked 100% flawless when they were new, why mess with perfection?

Replace all of your lights with new ones that match the OE, and you'll love it. It's beautiful. When I installed all new lights on mine, I couldn't believe the difference it made.

Different people have different taste tho, i wouldnt be satisfied with oe replacements, i love the blacked out look and am going to black out my yukon the way i did the 96 when i had it

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Well where m second cat attaches to the rest of the piping I guess it broke off but somebody tried to putty it and now the exhaust shop said they can't weld it bc of the putty.. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I can't weld and I can't find a shop that will take the cats off. I'm considering cutting the cats off and band clamping the exhaust until I can get someone to weld it up for me i guess. What do you guys suggest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where do you live? If you know anybody that can weld that would be the best route, just take a wire wheel to get the putty off then weld it up

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm right near Charleston, WV. That's what we're thinking about doing. Dad seems to think he can do it but I'm trying to find someone who can actually weld lol.

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
I'm right near Charleston, WV. That's what we're thinking about doing. Dad seems to think he can do it but I'm trying to find someone who can actually weld lol.

Its not to bad to do, just find a piece of scrap metal and run a couple beads for practice, the main thing is just makin sure you dont go to fast and that its not burnin to hot

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have trouble with the welder set up I think. It's a craftsman wire welder and when you hold the trigger the wire will come out a little, pause, come out a little, pause. Hang on a minute and ill go take a picture of it!

Tricky's_Limitedhoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach
I've always wanted a blacked out truck but I never thought my ford would look that good! But with my new gmc I think I may be able to pull it off! I've been reading about this plasti dip stuff so I'm going to give it a try and see how it comes out. That way if I don't like it I can peel it back off! I'm thinking atleast my wheels and the gold part of my truck but what else do you guys think? The bumpers? The chrome?

Also I'm considering trying the tail lights and maybe even the back glass and back side windows and brow of the windshield. Alright probably not the back glass or the sides but I will probably try the brow. Has anyone on here tried it? I might go ahead and do a write up if not?

Do what make you happy with your ride because, guess what, you have to drive it so do to it what you feel comfortable driving around with, some say it is played out, well this is my 1993 Chevy I got new and it was blaced out, and the wheels came black, and on my 2000 Tahoe Limited which I got new as well it is blacked out to my taste. If you wanna shine her up use some Meguiars cleaner wax on it and try putting some Mothers wheel products to shine up those wheels before trying plastic dipping. Me, just my 2 cents, I would remove molding and put a GMC Billet grill with new headlights.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

The first pic is the bottom part where it's actually leaking at. The second and third is the top where it looks like the putty is still good.

WVXC450R

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at eBay for some new lights. If you type in Sierra nothing comes up but if you type in silverado a whole bunch of things comes up. Am I correct in saying that the gmc and Chevy corner lights are different?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Yeah I was looking at eBay for some new lights. If you type in Sierra nothing comes up but if you type in silverado a whole bunch of things comes up. Am I correct in saying that the gmc and Chevy corner lights are different?

Yes they are different, also if you can get the bolts out you may be able to get a gasket for the exhaust to fix it

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
I just VHT'd mine. I am proud of how they came out.