BlackBear tune issue, Truck is short shifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlohaOBS

Reaction score
Do you happen to have a stock PCM? You could swap it out and if the problem goes away, it's the computer, if not it's sensors or wiring.

I do, however the stock pcm is programmed to shift at 5k rpm, and right now the BBP tuned pcm is short shifting right where the stock pcm is programmed to shift from the factory. the only other way to tell if its a faulty computer is by putting in another pcm thats been tuned to shift higher like my bbp computer. Then we’ll be able to see if its the computer or the truck itsself

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do, however the stock pcm is programmed to shift at 5k rpm, and right now the BBP tuned pcm is short shifting right where the stock pcm is programmed to shift from the factory
If the stock PCM starts acting up like maybe short shifting @4500, who knows? If it works fine maybe it won't eliminate it but, if it screws up, you'll have a good idea you have sensors and/or wiring issues. It only takes a few minutes...

AlohaOBS

Reaction score
J
If the stock PCM starts acting up like maybe short shifting @4500, who knows? If it works fine maybe it won't eliminate it but, if it screws up, you'll have a good idea you have sensors and/or wiring issues. It only takes a few minutes...

Just ran the truck WOT with the stock ECU, truck shifted at 5,000 RPM on the dot. I believe this is no longer a sensor issue, this is a computer issue. The truck runs fine and shifts at the factory shift points under WOT with the stock ecu, there is no reason the BBP tuned ECU should not be working. Truck is registering 100%throttle imput. I believe the BBP computer is failing or is already shot. Brand new MAF sensor, Brand new TPS sensor... truck is responding to 100% throttle when going WOT when running the factory ecu, it must be a failing computer.

AlohaOBS

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Fixed the problem. Truck runs better than ever now, oddly enough the issue went away when topped off my coolant, i noticed the coolant temp gage was reading slightly above what it normally ran, topped it off, and everything magically went back to normal...dont ask me how cause i have absolutely no idea why lol. Heres a video of a quick pull after everything went back to normal.